Boy am I glad to see the back of 2015 and I can’t help but think with the way the world has been going lately, many people must agree. Hopefully this little post will be the last I’ll see of 2015!
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
I put down a deposit to go travelling…alone! Although I haven’t gone yet (it’s hard trying to book the time off work), the deposit is down and I’m going travelling. Mexico, here I come…
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any last year, but I made a conscious to be more happy and go on more adventures.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, they did not, but someone close to me will do later this year!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, we lost my mum to cancer early last year and even though it still hasn’t hit me yet, it’s obviously been a tough time.
5. What places did you visit?
Amsterdam, Tunisia, Warwick Castle. Ha.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Still, a rock star boyfriend please, please, please. And a drivers license.
BUT. I did get two things I asked for last year and that’s my own car and a job related to my degree. Whoop!
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
I made some great memories in Amsterdam and Tunisia, hilarious memories that I’ll remember for the rest of my life. And I think I’ll remember the little things too, like the effort my closest friends made on my birthday and how just sitting around playing stupid games with food and drink was a hell of a lot of fun.
Obviously, on a darker note, the day my mum passed away will forever remain etched in my memory, as will her funeral…but in a bittersweet way, her funeral was really bloody lovely. It was sad, but the day was spent with laughter as we shared memories of her and that’s exactly what she would have wanted.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Buying my first car and getting my dream job!
9. What was your biggest failure?
No failure, except, perhaps, I’d love to have achieved these things when my mum was still alive as I know she wanted those things for me and that they’d make her proud.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Although I think I pulled a muscle in my boob towards the end of the year (don’t ask me how, I think maybe I got a bit over vigorous when playing Just Dance) as my left boob was really painful for about a month.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car! By far.
12. Who’s behaviour merited celebration?
My parents. My beautiful mum was so, so brave and positive even to the end and I can’t even begin to imagine how hard things have been on my dad, but he’s been pretty strong about it all.
13. Who’s behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one, really, at least no one that would be worth mentioning on the blog.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, gig tickets and my car.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Gig tickets and my car.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
I honestly couldn’t tell you.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you :
a. happier or sadder? A little sadder if I’m honest, it’s been a tough year.
b. thinner or fatter? Fatter! I think I’ve put on a bit of weight over Christmas!
c. richer or poorer? about the same…I’m earning more with my new job but don’t you find that the more you earn the more you actually find reason to spend?!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Told my mum I loved her.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing! I got to do some great stuff last year,
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We didn’t really celebrate Christmas as it was too hard without Mamaw, so we just had close family round and had a curry! Simple but still in typical ‘us’ fashion.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
22. What was your favourite TV program?
The Walking Dead or Daredevil.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate at this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
How to kill a rock star.
25. What music did you get excited about?
Panic! At The Disco, 21 Pilots and The Maine.
26. What did you want and get?
I didn’t want anything, but I still got some lovely gifts for my birthday.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and blogged about my birthday weekend here! I spent the Saturday in London with my sister making Christmas wreaths, and Sunday was spent getting lost/locked in Warwick castle with friends. On my actual birthday, we just put on a spread and some drink and had close friends and family pop round throughout the day.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Passing my driving test and pursuing my music project,
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Lazy. Terribly lazy.
32. What kept you sane?
Music, friends and family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one really! Although I definitely developed a cheeky crush on Jay after watching him in Strictly Come Dancing.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Everything that happened not only in Paris, but all the innocent lives being taken around the world. Life really isn’t fair sometimes and although I understand that what is wrong in our eyes might be right in other religions, I don’t condemn that type of murder and wish the world wasn’t the way it was right now.
35. Whom did you miss?
My beautiful mum, through and through.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
No one I can think of..
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Life can be ever so unfair and you’ll never quite understand why things happen the way they do, but you can’t change it. You should just make sure to remember that life is too short and you should always tell someone you love them and make them feel appreciated.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
‘This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine’