2017 has been a simple year – no ‘major’ changes have occurred, but it’s been a good one! It’s been a mix of little (and big, I guess!) adventures here and there, as well as lots of chilled nights too. I’ve grown up a lot this year and have become more independent, deciding to start looking towards my future more.
It seems like this year has passed by in a blink of an eye and it’s going to be fun looking back at the year in review.
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
I travelled! It was one of the scariest but most rewarding experiences of my life, booking onto a tour with TrekAmerica and then travelling around Mexico. Even now I still can’t believe I did it! I also finally got taken to Winter Wonderland.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hmm. These were last years resolutions
, and I only stuck to three. I did start watching Black Mirror (but didn’t watch all of it), I began Pound Fitness classes (super fun) and saved money. That’s about it really – although I did take one drumming lesson, ha.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My bestie Amy!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We had to put down my dog, Jasper, earlier on in the year. It was heartbreaking but he was just so old, he’d lived a good life and lived longer than we imagined he would. He just didn’t have much quality of life anymore so at least he’s at peace.
5. What places did you visit?
Mexico! Romania! Also Blackpool.
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
I’d like a new phone or a proper camera for blogging. I’ll start researching options soon and maybe grab something in the January sales. I finally got a rockstar boyfriend though! Well he doesn’t play any instruments but he dresses like a rockstar. I’m a lucky lady.
7. What dates from 2017 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
So many memories from travelling, like getting on the plane at the airport and when I woke up the next morning in Mexico and opened the curtains to see the sights of Cancun. It was such a unique feeling that I’ll never forget. Meeting my boyfriend too. It was a very laid back simple date which turned into something amazing. Oh and meeting his family and seeing his hometown in Romania. It’s funny how a family who don’t even speak the same language as you can make you feel so welcome.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Finally going travelling.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
That old TrekAmerica tour 😉 and my new car!
12. Who’s behaviour merited celebration?
Ah it’s got to be my boyfriend. If I’m upset, he’ll do the sweetest things to cheer me up, like go out in the cold to get my favourite food and sit down and watch corny movies with me. I also know I annoy the sh*t out of him a lot of the time and he still puts up with me. My sister, too. My niece is growing fast and my sister has been an absolute amazing mum.
13. Who’s behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Apart from a lot of harassment and drama from my boyfriend’s ex (I was certainly appalled at how long it went on for, even well into our relationship), no one has irked me this year really.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travelling. My car. Food. Haha.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Mexico. Romania. Blackpool. Christmas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
Ride by twenty one pilots because it’s the song that help me turn my boyfriend into a fan and we listened and sung along to it constantly. I especially remember driving down country lanes in the summer with the windows down and this blaring loud out of the speakers, singing at the top of our voices.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you :
a. happier or sadder? Happier. Any guesses why?
b. thinner or fatter? Thinner. Going vegan does wonders for your weight 😉
c. richer or poorer? Richer. I’ve finally began to save more this year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my sisters house. It was the first time in a good few years that I really felt the Christmas spirit.
21. Did you fall in love in 2017?
I did indeed.
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Stranger Things, obvs.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate at this time last year?
Nah. I’m over hate.
24. What was the best book you read?
I Heart Forever by Lindsey Kelk or, more recently, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. There’s probably others but I can’t remember.
25. What music did you get excited about?
Well when my sister and I went out for my birthday, there was a secret set by this amazing band called Dat Brass. They were so energetic and charismatic, we were moshing right down the front! I had a listen on their Spotify and it doesn’t do them any justice to how amazing they are live, but they were one of those bands that grabbed my attention instantly. I’ll definitely be checking them out live again.
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a new bag and some perfume – perfect.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (I’m Mary Poppins, Ya’ll!) or Thor: Ragnarok which was insanely funny. I’m not even a fan of the Thor movies but this was a good one.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 and spent the morning with my boyfriend, worked, then had the family round for a curry. Simple, but exactly what I wanted.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Getting a job more related to my degree, but at least I see a future where I am now.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Stylish. Slowly getting there since starting at H&M again, buying staple pieces etc. I still have lazy days though.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably either one of the twenty one pilots boys still. #SorryNotSorry Or Sam Thompson!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Whom did you miss?
My mum and Jasper. There’s still points now where I catch myself and forget they’re not around anymore.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My amazing, thoughtful, kind, hard working boyfriend.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Appreciate the little things. Adventures are fun, but so is just spending time with the people you love.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I really don’t know! I’ve loved so many songs this year.
How would you sum up your 2017? Let me know!